I am old and alone at home!
We hear this quite often these days by our elder folks at home. In this material world everyone at home runs behind something, leaving behind the old ones at home. No one has any time to show care, give affection, a warm hug, protection, basically the most needed attention to elders at home. Every single soul in the world runs behind something which they think they could achieve but conveniently they forget that there is a phase of life that all need to face. That is called old age.
Who can be my companion then? Parents/old ones at home raise their brows with perplexed attitude!
- Who will now remind me to take tablets?
- Who can ask me to go for a walk?
- Who can book me a cab when I want to go out?
- Is there a way, I can ask for some food without using my mobile. I have eyesight issues, I can’t use mobile apps?
- Can anyone speak with me for a while?
- Can I listen to spiritual songs?
Amazon Alexa, can resolve these and be a good companion at home for the age old folks. Somewhat less than the warmth of the family though!
Do you agree?